Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Raisin Hope at Reston

A long time ago, in a land far, far away I once did head injury rehab. Really. When I graduated college, I wanted to do a few years of what I called "Peace Corps" work and went to work at Easter Seal in Baltimore retraining people with head injuries to go back to work, or re-learn how to function again.

Most of my clients... young people. And more than a few of them were injured in bike accidents.

So this is a subject that is near and dear to my heart.

If you get a chance, head on over to Gamjams.net --- http://www.gamjams.net/2009/06/10-questions-with-saul-raisin.html and read Mike's article on Saul Raisin and the Reston Race this weekend.

Every day that I went to work at Easter Seal I knew that I was making a difference in someone's life. The incredible advances that have happened since then... make me feel like I was working in the dark ages. So go ahead and take a peak, you might learn something, too!

No comments: