Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Welcome Women's Racing!

Mike added this cool new Women's racing widget. So now maybe women from all over can link together to see who's doing what, why, when, and where. When I recommended Jenn to the newsroll it was because she was a new racer, with typical new racer problems.

You know what I mean... mostly life balance, especially life balance in a tough economy. Sometimes you really do need to decide if you are going to race, or pay bills. Sometimes you need to decide if you are going to ride or do family commitments.

Bike racing is a tough commitment. Sometimes on the speedway type crit courses you can hide the fact that you aren't as fit as you'd like to be. On any crit with a corner... you can't. For most of us though, this is what we do for fun. Or we do it because we have "issues." At some point in our lives though, the real world has to balance out bike racing.

So I'm excited at the new blog list. I know that during bike season my life goes to pot. The grass never gets cut. The weeds overtake the flower beds. My kitchen table disappears underneath all the clean clothes that get piled there. Winter time is a bit more balanced, except this year work has disrupted my real world. Life balance can be a fleeting thing.

This weekend I'm home though, and I'll be damned if I'm going to miss an outside ride. Even if I freeze to death to get it in. Balance also means getting to have time on the bike, outside for a change.

No comments: