Friday, September 5, 2008

Whole Check

When I'm finally crowned Queen of the Universe, one of the first things I'm going to do is make all repair guys USE cell phones to call customers to let them know when they are going to arrive. This "I"ll be there between 12 and 5, unless I'm late" stuff is no longer acceptable. My satellite is out, and that's what I got. After taking 1/2 day off work, they can't fix it. In the meantime, I got to wait at home in a snit because I couldn't get out on the bike, and I had to take vacation time to wait.

So what do I do when I get aggravated? I clean. Tropical Storm coming? On the roof with me to clean the gutters. Then I dismantled the vacuum cleaner to unclog all the dog hair. By the time the guys got there I was sure someone was going to die.

Who? Me. My head was so stuffed up that I could no longer breathe from all the dust. Which meant that after they left that I still couldn't get out and ride.

So, I went to the new Whole Foods. It's like Disneyland for adults. I probably wont buy groceries there, but all those food bars, with salads, soups, seafood, smoked meat (really...), and the best looking pizza that I've seen in a long time. Oh, and then there was a wine bar. I could move in. Like today.

Too bad that the paycheck doesn't stretch quite far enough to actually do that. Cool store, great customer service. Good prices on some stuff, the moon on others. After a nice hard bike ride though, this is going to be the go to place. We can all go and stink up the place and everyone can get exactly what they want.

Next to open... Trader Joes a block away. For as much as I hate Short Pump... it may just be my new favorite area.

Now if all these great customer service oriented companies could just teach the repair guys what customer service is...

No comments: