Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm addicted...

Times are tough. I've been on a self-imposed spending cut off. The way I figure it, the economy is going to get much worse before it gets better. My job is pretty much recession-proof, but that doesn't mean you can't get laid off. Plus, my little nest eggs are shrinking to the point that when I'm 90 I'm going to be bringing my cat food lunch to work.

And then there is Chainlove. Come on, you know it. And you are probably a closet Chainlove addict, too. Every half hour or so, up pops another deal. Yes, most to the deals are on stuff that you really don't want. Sometimes though, the deal you can't pass up pops up.

All of a sudden its like panic sets in. You gotta do something, and you gotta do it now, or poof, the deal is gone.

A few days ago I scored a set of those nice Reynolds Attack Wheels. For the price you just couldn't let them go. Not only were they dead cheap, but Chainlove charged like $18 bucks to ship them. Beat that.

Today, I was on hold hell at work and I pulled up the website... there were the Reynolds KOM wheels that my buddy has been lusting after. I got him on the phone just in the nick of time, and now... he should have his new climbing wheels in about a week. As he says... Wintergreen is going down!

I'm going to get real sick of PBJ here before long. In the meantime, my new wheels are on the way, and I'm just sure that they are going to make me younger, stronger, thinner and better looking. Carbon fiber does that for you.

So go on and look. I bet you get addicted to Chainlove, too.

No comments: