Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Random Acts

Face it, fall is coming, and the days are getting shorter. For me, getting a ride in after work is a true rushed affair. I zip home, throw the dogs out, and jump on the bike and go. There is no time for playing around.

So last night when everyone and their cousin wanted to talk to me as I was trying to get out the door... I was a wee bit stressed. I grabbed the bike and pedaled down the driveway and totally forgot about blinky lights.

I live in the country. When it gets dark, it gets real dark.

Damn, ok, one ride shortened. Then I thought, nope, pedal faster!

All worked out just fine until I got to the intersection of Maidens and Fairgrounds, my one really busy road that I have to cross. After a solid 10 minutes of waiting with no breaks, I was starting to sweat it... there was no way I was going to get in before dark.

And then...

This really nice man looked at me from his red truck. He smiled. He checked the oncoming traffic, and he stopped. Then he waived me across the street holding up the traffic behind him. Love you guy in the red truck! Mean it!

I was hauling freight in, but I got in before it was totally dark. One more ride for the record books, and a new friend out there somewhere.

No comments: