Saturday, November 29, 2008

Totally Wussy

Way back when, when I was a runner vs. a biker (even though I'm running now more than biking thanks to daylight and workload), I used to laugh at everyone who put on enough clothes to land in the Antartic. Pretty much anything over 33 degrees was shorts weather and you had to get below that to warrant gloves. You know, the cheapo 2 for 1.00 Walmart stretchie gloves. Anything more than that made me sweat too bad.

Then I took up biking.

The first two years, I was pretty good. Shorts into the 40's... Then tights under shorts. I rarely wore more than light long finger gloves.

And I still laughed at the Artic Troopers out there...

Now, it hits 50 degrees on a windy day and I try to find anything else to do besides bike. Not only that, but at 50 degrees I have heavy tights and gloves to run as well.

I totally wussed out today and bought a new pair of Craft winter booties. 50 degrees and I had the booties on. My toes were nice and warm, thank you. And since my Sugoi capri tights might as well be full tights, my calves were warm as well.

What wasn't warm... that 1" section between the capris and my jersey. You know, my FAT. I'm sure it quickly went from pasty white, to pink, to beet red. It was the only part of my body that was screaming at me to buy more clothes.

I don't know how I'm going to make it thru the really cold stuff to come. I'm already missing the nice warm days we had last winter. How the poor slobs who live in upstate NY do it, I'll never know. (and hope to God to never have to figure out...)

So if anyone has any winter duds they want to donate to my cause, just let me know. Either that or let me move down south...

(and speaking of down South... Sharon I hope you have hit the road adhead of the storm...)

No comments: