Thursday, April 3, 2008

Odds and Ends

One of the great things about living on the great bike way, aka Goochland... is that I get to see everyone at some point in time go by the bay window. Last night, as I'm coming home from work I passed my doc, Matt Marchal, out on his bike. I pulled into the drive, and he turned around to come check up on the voice. Yep, still don't got one.

You gotta love a doc that makes house calls on his bike. And I'm telling everyone today what he really meant when he talked to me last night. In essence he told me to SHUT UP. Of course Matt is too nice to say it like that, but thats what he meant. Shut up and the voice will get better, keep straining to get a "nails on chalkboard sound" out and it wont. So... I've had to tell everyone at work to either bring those great markers that make you high and write on my board, or end me emails. My "people" are going to tell everyone to communicate with me by email. I have my doubts, but maybe by Monday this will work.

If not, I'm going to have to learn more appropriate sign language. The stuff I know is just not appropriate for the office...

Surprisingly, I got out on the bike for the first time in a week, and had a GREAT ride. Trying to make noise is exhausting, biking is fun. So the ride was killer. Maybe thats the key to biking better, stop riding. (maybe not) I did get to see all the cool stuff I've missed being off the bike for a week, like the new calves, new baby goats, and how amazing the winter wheat looks now, even without much rain. All that almost makes pollen worth it.

This Saturday and Sunday is the Italian Festival on Buford Rd. $2 gets you in, and the money goes to restoring some of the historic local churches. Best of all, one of the big supporters/vendors will be our Fiorucci Foods sponsor. So plan on heading out for a bit of carbo recovery after Saturdays Monument Ave 10k (also the US men's 10k Nat'l championships.)

No comments: