Sunday, March 8, 2009

Life is good

Some weekends turn out just perfect. Or in my case, as close to perfect as you can get.

I was over at Cliff's getting veggie skewers and chicken ready for the grill when he whispered that the beavers were back. I got out on the deck just in time to see the beavers tug boating it up into the creek looking for low hanging branches to munch on. Beavers are seriously cool.

We took the dogs out for a hike and not only did we have a mouse chase, but I got to see some wood ducks on the river as well. Like I said, damn near perfect.

Today I got to try out the new tt bars on a ride with Cliff and Paul. Yep, I think they are going to work just fine. I pulled us up 623 at 25 mph and everything felt like it was supposed to.

It was funny, coming home there was someone who had a car like J's trying to back out of my driveway. She couldn't quite get it figured out and almost backed over us as we were pulling in. She said that she was looking for somewhere to park and I told her that she could park on my access road. Then she asked if the owner would give permission. Since I live on the Great Bike Way, and pretty much everyone around here knows where Camp Runamuck is... I knew that she wasn't from around here... nope, from Texas. I just hope she figures out how to back up a car when she gets back from her ride...

Tonight bbq pork tenderloin and more veggie skewers on the grill. Oh, and the Paris-Nice race on vs. Yep, life is good.

No comments: