Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Good The Bad

Ok for the good...

Have you been to Bonefish Grill lately? When I moved south from B'more years ago I was unpleasantly surprised to find that seafood and Richmond are alergic to each other. Then I "dicovered" Bonefish Grill. Yes, it's expensive. However, probably the best thing on the menu is not expensive. What do I love, the fish tacos. In fact, I've started dreaming of them and the wonderfulness of the mango salsa. Yum, yum. After 9 pm they go down to like $6.00 for two. That plus a salad is more than enough for dinner. Too bad they are clear on the other side of town for me. Yum, fish tacos.... There has to be reasons for me to drive down to "Dogpatch."


My other secret for eating more fish is the bags of individually packaged salmon filets at Costco. Salmon with dill, another yum. I usually hate packaged fish, but these filets come out perfect every time. Hmmm, I may have to see about getting some of that mango salsa and trying salmon tacos at home. Fish tacos... yum.

80 degree weather in February. Now if that isn't the definition of good I don't know what is. I started planning out the garden yesterday. Peas, tons of varieties of tomatoes, peppers, squash, my favs- beets, green beans etc... Fresh stuff out of the garden- no pesticides.... another yum. If the peach trees don't get hit with another US Open bike race snow storm this year I may have enough peaches to make peach salsa... Yum.

And the bad...

Coming back to computer land I find that Sheldon Brown has passed. I am not a techno geek, and Sheldon helped me out on several occasions. Mark King now has my Sheldon cog that used to help me get up Wintergreen. When everyone else said that you couldn't do a 30 cog, Sheldon proved them wrong. The world is a much smaller place without this larger than life funny guy in it. RIP Sheldon, you are remembered well.

Then WTF is it with ahole guys. My fav show on tv (which shows how little I acutally watch the boob tube) is the Biggest Looser. You really have to hand it to those people for deciding to make the change, and then working their butts off to achieve amazing weight loss. Yeah, I know they probably water log before the first weigh in, but without having dystentary or something similar I've never lost more than about 5 lbs in a week, and even then it was probably water.

Well, on Tuesday, the two brothers who are killing everyone on weight loss voted off my favorite Mom. She was cool, worked hard and played out in the open. They swore on their kid's lives that they wouldn't vote her or her son off without telling her first. Would you swear on your kid's life and then do it anyway? Wow. They suck. Big time. I hope the one guy's stress fracture busts wide open. Suck, suck, suck. Kharma does get you in the end big guys. Just wait. Everyone will remember what you did long past this show. You suck.

The other suckified thing is that I heard that Sally Snead had back surgery. Yowza. Now that really sucks. Heal fast Sally. If I could do it, you can too. Sally is someone that I fear in the Masters races down here. She's just plain a talented rider.

So here's hoping the rest of the week ends up in the Good column. 4 weeks to racing. It's a good thing.

No comments: