Saturday, March 15, 2008

Major Turtle Points

Most of you know that I'm on a mission: I'm bound and determined to get a bike for a little girl. What you may not know is that so many people have helped me out in a big way. Ben Brown brought me brakes this morning, Dennis Ranier is giving me 9 speed DURA ACE cranks, J is helping with $$. Mario is having a team mate drop off a bike that I'm buying from him at Jeff Cup. I love it when a plan comes to fruition. This is probably the funniest thing I've done in I don't know how long.

For everyone who has offered to help: I especially need a set of 9 speed shifters 105 or better. If you have some, let me know. But... Evelyn at Artemis has this really cool juniors program, and trust me, she could use EVERYTHING you got. (Evelyn is another one of my heroes.)

So where did I pick up the stuff? Why at the coolest little race course, the VB Smackdown at Sleepyhole. And how did Miss Karen do? Why I sucked big time, thank you very much.

Geez, it's been a coon's age since I've seen little Rachel Warner. She's all grown up now, and racing Cat 1 for Juice Plus. Nice of her to bring down fellow leg ripper-offer Amity Elliot. Tie that in with a couple squirrely-girlies on a very narrow course, with a significant wind on the back stetch and you have pop goes the weasel for Ms. Karen.

15 feet. Crap, thats what it was. I get bumped, I loose a wheel, and as soon as there was daylight in the windy backstretch I was a gonner. Pop! Poor Jane tried to work with me, but the speed just toasted her. So then I was on my own, riding my guts out, with no hope of catching back on. Crap.

So I passed lapped riders until about 8 to go and decided to sit up and wait for the pack. No sense in killing tommorrows adventure at Dismal Dash by overcooking today. When the sprint came I just sat up and rolled across.

I am mega proud of my little cat 4 girls. Sonya was 2nd, and Kat made is around clean in her first crit. It does get better Kat, I promise! Not only that, but Kristin was rocking it in the juniors winning the junior women 10-12. I had to run and couldnt get the guys results.

And for those of you suckered in by Biker Bj and her winter blahs... ha ha, she fooled you. BJ looked as amazing as ever. Just not as amazing as Ben's wife, Maria... taking a dip in the 40+ end of the pool.

Its going to be fun tommorrow. Wind, maybe rain... and BJ, Maria and Janet Edgerton. I just cant wait!

No comments: