Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Riiiiiiiip!


Yesterday was amazing. How many 74 degree days can you get in January!! Geez, I was pumped. Unfortunately, I was at work and of course by the time I get off work it's dark.
So after work I headed off to do a 5 mile run to beat the cobwebs out. I swear, everyone in Richmond must have been out pounding the pavement. It didn't take long before the competitive juices started coming out, and I had to start running people down. Pick that one off, yeah. Guy with headphones , gone... It was great!
And then... riiiip! Another calf muscle bites the dust. That's one of those instantaneous things that you know it's bad, and there is nothing you can do about it but get back. By the time I got home, I couldn't walk. Criminy. Speed kills.
So it's going to be a cranky-testy day today. I didn't bring out the "boot" yet to immobilize my leg in the crazy hope that maybe it will get better walking on it. Yeah, I know, that's not going to happen. Isn't it funny how just when you feel really great that stuff like this happens!

No comments: