Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Rats, Its Gnats!

Ok, in the winter time its dark and cold...
In the spring, its dark and wet...
In the summer, its really good...
Then it gets hot...
After racing and driving every weekend, you get burned out a bit...
Then comes chip seal season and the inevitable flat tires and broken windshields...
And now,
Right before the cold weather hits,

ITS GNAT TIME!

It won't last long, just until the first frost..., but until then my abbreviated rides (due to darkness after work) are plagued with the little f'ers. It really wouldnt be so bad, but with a wicked deviated septum I need to breathe out of my mouth, and I chew gum. Yuck. Eating a few bugs is par for the course, gum with black specks is just nasty.

So now I'm stuck with the catch 22, do I wish for a heavy frost to kill the gnats, which will also kill my bergmansia which is finally going to do a massive bloom, or do I pass out trying to breathe thru my nose? Decisions, decisions...

No comments: