Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Scooter love

I'm not much of a "stuff" person, but I've got a hankering to get one of these. The Stella gets about 75 miles to the gallon which sounds great, but at $2000, it would take a whole lotta driving to make up the gas price difference. Somehow the idea of paying for a scooter made in the USA seems like a better deal than paying for oil made in the middle east.

Of course if I could ride my bike over the stinkin' Wiley Bridge I wouldn't need a scooter in the first place...

So tomorrow night is what I'm sure was supposed to be a dog and pony show for Walter Stosch, former speaker of the house for VA. It's all about transportation and he's bringing the guys from VDOT. I'm going to be there, told him I'm going to be there, and that he and VDOT should be prepared to discuss cycling issues. It's awful nice that VDOT keeps doing all these "alternative transportation" studies at great expense, but I'd like to see some of them actually put in action! Grrrr...

If you have nothing to do tomorrow night, how about joining a few of us as we mix it up with our representatives at the Twin Hickory Library, from 6-8. Who knows, maybe if we can convince Walter that bicycling is an important aspect of his community he will act on our behalf.

Yeah, that will probably happen about the time I can afford Stella the scooter...

1 comment:

John P. said...

Karen,

Scooters are great. I have a 1958 Lambretta. Not exactly practical, but it's a Classic Beauty!

Not to mention, they make for great motorpacing. :)

John